top of page


When you're choosing your celebrant, you're bound to have lots of questions. I've pulled together the most common questions I get asked. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, don't hesitate to reach out so I can help you.

  • What do I need to be married in Australia?
    The bare basics you will need to be married in Australia are: 1. You need to be 18 years or older 2. You must not be related 3. You must not already be married 4. You must complete the Notice of Intended Marriage form with appropriate ID sighted 31 days before your wedding date On your wedding day, you need to exchange vows and sign three certificates. You will also need two witnesses over the age of 18 years to sign these documents.
  • What forms are required for me to be married?
    There are four forms you will need. These are: Notice of Intended Marriage form (NOIM) Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage Marriage Certificate for the couple’s records Official Certificate of Marriage
  • How do I complete the Notice of Intended Marriage form (NOIM)?
    The Notice of Intended Marriage form must be completed electronically, or by hand with black ink in UPPERCASE letters, and then witnessed and signed by myself as your celebrant, no later than one month before the date of your wedding. If you were born in Australia, I am required to sight your original birth certificates or passports. If you have been previously married, I am also required to sight divorce or death papers. If you are not an Australian citizen you will need to bring your passport to our initial meeting for me to sight. You can find out more about the Notice of Intended Marriage application at this link. You will also find the application form available for download.
  • What other forms will I need to complete?
    You will also need to complete declarations and marriage certificates as follows: Declarations: You will both need to complete and sign declarations prior to your wedding ceremony to confirm that there is no legal impediment to you marrying each other. This is a document that I provide to you. Marriage Certificates: There are three certificates you will sign on your wedding day: one for you to keep, one for my records, and one for me to submit on your behalf. We can complete the information required for these certificates prior to your wedding day, so on the day we only need to sign them. I submit all required documents to Births, Deaths and Marriages.
  • Where do I submit my marriage certificate?
    I assist you with the registration of your marriage at the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
  • How do I have my surname changed after my marriage?
    Please see the government's process to apply for a name change after you have been married.
  • How do I secure Tash as my celebrant?
    The date and time of your ceremony is secured once: 1. A $200 non-refundable deposit is received, or if full payment is received 2. The NOIM is completed and signed ​
bottom of page